WIN! Team entry into the Original Mountain Marathon up for grabs!

After the success of our previous Team SportPursuit challenge, we’ve once again teamed up with someone special to give you access to a very exciting race: The Original Mountain Marathon. The OMM is the world’s largest Mountain Marathon event and has been running for 45 years across various UK locations. This year’s date and location:…

Do One Thing, Do It Well – Cyclebeat

Fitness Craze Forget Bikram Yoga, Zumba and Bootcamp classes. Indoor spinning is set to be the next major fitness craze to hit the capital. Most fitness addicts have tried indoor spinning at their local gym. For those of you who are new to the concept of spinning – think indoor cycling machines, loud music, disco…

Surviving The 2013 Club Relay Championships

Where? National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham What? Relay x 4: 500m swim – 15k bike – 5k run The Club relay championships are legendary now in the UK, having started in 1991 and growing in size and reputation ever since. In 1991 there was just 120 competitors, whilst last year saw over 2000 lucky athletes…

Getting into Ironman: Challenge Roth

One of the most popular ironman distance races in the world, and the flagship race of the Challenge Family, next year’s race at Roth sold out in just over 3 minutes – a full year in advance! A year ago in July, whilst working in logistics at the London 2012 Olympics is where my journey…

Team SportPursuit – The Ironman UK 2013 Story [Video]

Typically, most sports businesses choose to champion the elite athlete, sponsoring a team of pro athletes in order to endorse and lend credibility to their product. There is no shortage of perks for the modern pro-athlete. What there is a shortage of is people championing the everyday athlete; the unsung hero. That’s what Team SportPursuit…

Team SportPursuit does Ironman UK 2013

See our full photo gallery from Bolton For many, waking up at 2:30 on a Sunday morning to go for some exercise would seem far from the stuff of dreams – even less so if the destination was a rather rain-sodden Bolton town centre. However last weekend over 1600 incredible athletes did not just that,…

Ironman UK Training Diaries – Graeme Buscke

All the latest from Team SportPursuit Ironman athlete Graeme Buscke, as he prepares to take on the Ironman Bolton:     31st July 2013 – 3 Days Remaining 24 hours out from the gun going off is normally when I’m at my most relaxed. I can’t do anymore beneficial training. I would’ve registered. I would’ve tagged…

5 Tips To Keep Your Motivation

How Do You Stay Motivated? Motivation is the crux to everything. Our goals, projects, work and of course – our sporting endeavors. On days when we don’t feel motivated, we don’t feel like doing anything productive. How do we make sure we remain motivated in order to achieve our sporting goals?  Sports, and especially endurance…

Introducing: Our First SportPursuit Champions!

SportPursuit Champions 2013 Last month we invited all of you to apply for a position as one of our brand new SportPursuit Champions; our new programme for some of our most inspiring members. We’ve been absolutely blown away by the response you gave us; the amount of applicants and the passion demonstrated by all…

Product Profile – Beet IT SPORT – Concentrated Beetroot Juice Shots!

Here at SportPursuit, we understand the importance of good nutrition as part of an overall healthy lifestyle.  In an ideal world, we would probably prepare everything from scratch, but practicality tends to get in the way.  Amongst the hustle and bustle of modern life, we appreciate products that offer good nutrition on the go.  Always…

The UK’s Best Mountain Bike Trails (As Chosen By You)

image credit: Natash Ramasay Like all cycling, mountain biking is on the up in the UK; a recent estimate put the worth of the UK bike industry at over £900m. Whether you’re a hardened downhiller replete with full-face helmet and neck-brace, or a lycra-clad cross-country climber, as a pastime riding off-road is hugely varied; and…

The Best Ways To See The Tennis At Wimbledon (Tickets Or Otherwise!)

We can hardly believe it, but it’s that time of year again; when strawberries, cream and camping on the streets of one of London’s leafy western suburbs temporarily usurp football and the queen as Britains most quintessential symbols. That’s right, the dull thud of lime-green felt-lined balls means Wimbledon is back!   The Championships are…

Ironman UK – Training Round-Up – Week 2

Troy The past week was possibly the most ironic training week since records began. Being surrounded by bicycles 24/7, 10 days in a row, you’d think doing some training on one would come easy. Think again… Still ‘on tour’ working at the Deloitte Ride Across Britain, the days have been long and tiring. Having to travel…

The SportPursuit Splash & Dash – Round 1

Last weekend was the first round of our multisport swim/race series, the SportPursuit Splash & Dash. With around 150 competitors coming out to the West Reservoir Centre bright and early; we had a great time supporting them in the challenges – and it didn’t take long for our supplies of jelly babies and bananas to…

5 Reasons to do the Dragon Ride

Last November when a colleague suggested we enter a team into the Dragon Ride Sportive I considered it for a moment and put my name down without hesitation – without quite realising exactly what “Taming the Dragon” entailed.   And after reading a few accounts from previous years,  I seriously questioned what I had…

Strava Pursuit

Seeing as almost everyone in the SportPursuit office is a little bit bike-mad, Strava has been an old friend to many of us. Not too long ago we started up our own group on the site, to allow us to compare (well…show-off) our various weekend adventures. We’ve now opened the group up to all of…

Ironman UK – Training Round-Up – Week 1

Troy Since hearing the amazing news that I’d been selected for Team SportPursuit, it’s been all systems go. I’ve only just returned from a 3 month stay in Mallorca where I’ve been working at a triathlon camp. My season kicked off with a perfect start as I was fortunate to qualify for the World…

An Introduction to Team SportPursuit – Ironman Bolton

After the phenomenal response to our Ironman Bolton Competition earlier this year; we’re proud to introduce the five athletes who will be running for Team SportPursuit this Summer! The competition was stiff, but these five Ironmen and women stood out amongst the rest of an (already extremely impressive) group! *UPDATE* – After Chris Glover’s unfortunate…

Join The Squad

Apply To Be A SportPursuit Champion We are very proud that so many of our members have found SportPursuit through introductions from their friends. After all, who wouldn’t like passing on the great deals on top quality sports brands to their mates? We’re looking to bring some of our most passionate members closer to action,…

The SportPursuit Splash – Round 1

Last weekend, a hardy group of swimmers joined us down on the banks of the West Reservoir Centre in London; to help us kick off our 2013 event season, at Round 1 of the Sport Pursuit Splash! Click here for full event results Click here for the photo album   Arriving at the West Reservoir…

The SportPursuit Splash – Round 1 – Results

We had a great time hosting the SportPursuit Splash – the inaugural round of our 2013 event series – last weekend! Well done to all who took part! Click here for the full event report Click here to book for the next round Full Event Results The SportPursuit Splash – 3km Place Bib #…