Get Fit to Ski with Dave Ryding is a new series of ski fit videos to get you in shape for your trip to the mountains. We teamed up Snowsport England and Great Britain’s number one skier Dave Ryding, with the help of David Lloyd Clubs, to prepare you for your next day skiing or snowboarding. See the full Get Fit to Ski series >
We’ve covered core and body strength in Session One, followed by leg strength in Session Two. Session Three is your chance to take a break and make it work for you. Rather than collapsing on the sofa, follow these mobility and stability exercises to help your body recover quicker and feel better.
Even with recovery time it’s worth warming up to get your body ready and moving. This will make your stretching easier and more effective.
- Reverse lunge with overhead reach and rotation (5 per leg)
- Runner’s lunge with twist (5 per leg)
- Glute bridge with leg extension (10 per leg)
- Squat matrix (5 per leg)
- Downward dog to push up with T rotation.
Main workout – active recovery
A few easy-to-follow stretches and recovery exercises will do wonders for your muscles. If you’re really missing your sofa time, you can even do them in your living room with the TV on!
- Foam rolling – calves, hamstrings, glutes, quads
- Crab reach – 10 reps each side
- Thoracic windmill – 10 reps each side